Friday, December 18, 2009

FOOTSTEPS IN VIRGINIA

Dadi Ram Antim(DEC 18, 2009) After all with long breath I meet my sister-in-law Narayani at Delta Airlines Airport in Virginia late 8.30 pm.Me and my family members accompanied by old mother,wife,and laps on. Eighteen years of refugee life in Nepal was really a extra story where what we didn't experience.Life under the supervision United Nation's High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)administrative care of Government of Nepal was very warm, protective with all kind of basic needs fulfilled in order to live a common life.
It was my last day to remain under the plastic and bamboo made hut, all the relatives were present to say Bye and pray for safe journey. A large number of huts arranged in a big area for forcefully evicted Bhutanese people compelled to be refugees called Camp was a home for us.

Where I spend my lovely childhood,teenage,and start adulthood which round in my mind like a wheel.It was not easy to spent eighteen years exile life within the periphery of camp. Totally it was hardship for us to be in touch of modernization which keeps a deep relation with economy.Though I spent my one decade time serving my community as a volunteer.Hardships were my friends every time, morning to evening. To tolerate and moving ahead was only one best way to achieve something in life.A kind of culture to criticize and pull down to those who try to learn and do new things is the main barrier still. Though I can proudly admire the world that I was lucky to overcome all that hardship and learn at least new things. Fractions in my community has deeply rooted, what will happen it is matter of tension?Which will lead our community towards destruction.A flame flows in my mind recalling the past days.I regret to lacking technical knowledge which will build a track of hardship in resettled countries too.Days to keep hands on forehead will be regrettable. My memoirs were spinning like a wheel in the Airport comparing hut and new life whether I could successfully be settled or not?That moment was very unbearable for my mind.I couldn't resist thinking and thinking due fever was troubling me from Kathmandu itself. My footsteps in Virginia trembled me like a wind which may blow the life.Intentionally the reason was a family head in twenty's age guiding all with full responsibility.
.

No comments: